There is no such thing as perfect marriage, but these 7 Ingredients to a Long Lasting Marriage that we will be sharing today will surely help couples to grow in their marriage.
Many of us were saddened by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pit divorce. Thus, the power couple divorce in Hollywood made some of us recognize that couples should realize the concept of true love and that marriage is a commitment.
We do not want Brangelina sad ending makes us lose our hope in true love. Thus, it is recommended for every couple to consider these 7 Ingredients to a Long Lasting Marriage.
Relationships are not easy, and even the most ideal relationships in the world require constant attention, nurturing, work, and commitment. For that reason, it is important to understand and accept the need for constant attention and commitment in your relationship as it will lead you to have a long-lasting relationship.
What are these 7 Ingredients to a Long Lasting Marriage?
1. Respect your Man. Men easily feel put down by women. Thus, telling your man you believe in him and support what he is attempting to do is a very powerful way to show your man you respect him. When he feels that support from you, the confidence you are pouring into him will help him to feel invincible. As, someone once said, behind every great man, is a woman. Thus, when a woman is stuck on her own needs she can’t seem to give encouragement and inspiration to the man she love. So, give your man a gift of encouragement.
2. Love your spouse unconditionally. Choosing to love is always good in every relationship. Hence, it is important to recognize that love is a choice and that deciding to act on love no matter what your present feelings or conditions are, is one way of agreeing that marriage is a commitment. In addition, one should realize that choosing love can bring about positive changes in your heart and marriage.
3. Remember that a marriage between a husband and wife is not about them, but about God, and how running after Him, and taking the focus off of ourselves, gives us the abundant marriage He wants for us. So, a Christ centered relationship will always be blessed as God is the creator of marriage. Also, Christ is the one who will always be there to take care of your marriage if you will allow HIM to enter in your marital life especially in times of challenges.
4. Make time for each other. Most men think the duty ends after they marry the woman they love; that the most thrilling and gratifying work is over. But, far from the journey ending, marriage is actually where it begins. As if what you did when you were dating and even more so. With that said, giving time dating your wife ideally once a week with just the two of you is a big factor in strengthening your relationship with each other.
5. Understand the five love languages by Dr. Gary Chapman.
Chapman is a family counselor, radio host, associate pastor and author of several books, including The Five Love Languages and One More Try.
This is the most important advice among the 7 ingredients of a Long Lasting Marriage. Besides, if we are married, the person we would most like to love us is our partner.
Here’s a short description of what each of five love languages mean:
- Words of Affirmation: Communicating fondness and affection through spoken affection, praise, or appreciation.
- Acts of Service: Showing and receiving love through actions.
- Receiving Gifts: Gifts can be a thoughtful symbol of showing love
- Quality Time: Showing that you care with undivided and undistracted attention.
- Physical Touch: Showing affection through physical touch.
If we feel loved by our spouse, marriage life is at peace. On the other hand, if we feel rejected or ignored, the marriage will suffer.
As marriage is a commitment, understanding these five love languages helps you prove your partner how much you value the relationship you have with him/her.
Understanding what makes you tick and what doesn’t can help you empathize with your partner a little better.
Primarily, the dare is determining the other person’s chief love language, and probably identifying a strong secondary preference. Hence, who doesn’t like all five on some level: commend, companionship, getting presents, getting help with tasks, and a nice hug?
This five love languages can be learned. While, it is a fact that most of us grew up speaking only one or two of these love languages. As time goes by, these will come natural for us and will be relatively easy. Thus, the others must be learned.
6. Your happiness is not from your husband or wife. Your happiness is from within you. Consequently, source of happiness is not just your spouse. Yes, your spouse will sit with you in and share a smile with your happiness. But, you should take ownership of it. And, in freeing him of the responsibility, he would be able to experience more of his own. Happiness is not determined in what we can do for one another but how we can make one another better.
7. Know your duty as a wife and as husband. Hence, it is important not to sacrifice your spouse over the children. When one or both partners make their children’s happiness a higher priority than the health of their marriage, they run the risk of neglecting the needs of the marriage. And in doing so, promoting feelings of resentment, neglect, resignation, and alienation in themselves and/or each other. Even if the costs aren’t visibly harmful, they can affect the quality of the couples’ connection.
It is true that news about divorces may give in hopelessness feeling for those couple who doesn’t believe in a long-lasting relationship. But, making ourselves aware of the right concept of true love by giving effort to work on with our love relationships will help us achieve a successful love life.
Marriage is a commitment and not just a feeling. It is a commitment to love your spouse unconditionally despite of her/his flaws. It’s a commitment to be willing to do whatever it takes to make the marriage work, and that means there are going to be many times when you’re just not going to get your way.
Whether your marriage is steady or strained, your spouse needs to know that you are committed to making the marriage a success. In the end, understanding these 7 ingredients of a Long Lasting Marriage may prove that both couples are willing to take whatever right steps are necessary to convince each other of that fact.