Determining Face Shape On Choosing Hairstyle
Determining your face shape first is very essential, for you to know if the hairstyle you choose is suitable and will look good on you.
Hairstyles are all about setting the perfect frame around a person’s face to balance the overall shape.
Shape should minimize unpleasant features that is why determining face shape will help you to choose what haircut does and does not work for you and why.
There is a general rule that applies to face shape balancing: Try to achieve an oval shape face. Find the right cut and to do this wide faces need lengthening while long faces need shortening.
Determining your face shape is important before booking a salon appointment. It will aid in communicating better with your hairstylist.
How to determine your face shape:
- Long face shape – If you have a big forehead and your face is obviously longer than it is wide.
- Round face shape – If you have a short neck and the angle of your jaw is soft.
- Square face shape – If you have a really angular jaw and all measurements look fairly similar.
- Triangular face shape – If you have a large jawline, smaller cheekbones, and smallest forehead.
- Diamond face shape – If the chin is pointed and face length is largest and then in descending order: cheekbones, forehead, and jawline.
- Heart face shape – If you have a pointed chin and a wide face
- Oval face shape – If the angle of the jaw is rounded and the face length is larger than the width of the cheekbones and forehead is larger than the jawline.
- Oblong face shape – If face length is the largest and your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are similar in sizes.
Note: Although your face shape may not be a precise match of any single shape mentioned above, it will resemble one shape overall.
You can try the Face Shape Quiz, if you still need more help to determine your face shape.
Posted on: August 31, 2016, by : Neldy